A Change in View Creates a World of Possibilities
View-Changer Cards consist of 53 stunning photos of nature, combined with thought-provoking questions on the back of the card to inspire reflection, conversation, intentions, meditation, and relaxation. Great team-building, facilitation, meditation, and personal growth tools!
The intent of these cards is to provide you with a tool that promotes reflection on what matters most to you, and inspires you to take action. Coaches use "powerful questions" to challenge us to think, which creates time and space for "ah-ha" moments that release energy to forward action. In our busy, task-oriented world, we often lack "time to think." These cards create a structure to encourage you to pause, and make sure you are living the life you want to live!
APPLICATIONS: View-Changer Cards have tons of uses for meetings, team building and more. Tips and Suggestions on how to use these cards include:
Need a break from your agenda? Although we may think we know a lot about our co-workers, there is a way to explore further. This revelatory exercise can improve relationships by engendering appreciation, empathy, and respect for others. Tips for making this a productive meeting:
- Pass out cards an hour before the staff meeting so there is time to think about a response.
- Have everyone choose a number between 1 and 52. Shuffle the deck, then count through the cards, allowing each person to take their "number."
- You go first. Set an example by responding openly and thoughtfully.
- Stress that responses may be work-related or personal.
1. Place the cards, photo side up, on a table in the room and have each participant choose one photo that resonates with how they're feeling:
- in the moment
- about a certain situation e.g. an upcoming change;
- to help tell a story of where they've been in their life and where they're heading (past and future)
2. To answer a question: e.g., if there was one value by which you've tried to live your life, what might that value be?
Meditation, Intention, Conversation
When you first wake up, shuffle the deck and choose a card:
- Reflect on either the picture or the question (or both) to set an intention for the day/week
- Pair with your favorite relaxing music to stimulate your whole brain
- Allow space for inspiration to emerge (allow yourself to let go of the outcome)
- Carry the card with you or take a picture of the card with your phone and revisit throughout your day to keep your intention front of mind
- Set a periodic alarm/ chime throughout the day to remind you to revisit your intention
Deck of 53 cards, 2.5" x 3.5" in plastic, see-through box.
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I used the cards with teens and adults to inspire memories and creative answers to educational and personal philosophies. Also used to talk about faith and religion without text.
The best part about these cards is the size. Easy to keep in your bag for use on all kinds of activities. Get people talking, thinking, understanding each other better. Super easy to use in many different types of activities. I have other similar tools but this one is so nice because it is always with me.
I use the cards at retreats.
I was so impressed with these inspirational images and questions, I purchased a set for every member of my family as a Christmas Gift. They loved them...
From the moment I opened my View-Changer Cards I knew that they were something special. I picked my first card randomly and the question that I read was exactly what I needed at that moment: "If my body could speak, what would it say about how I'm treating it?" Indeed. The View-Changer Cards' beautiful photos and thought-provoking questions help shift thinking and perspective; they encourage choice and change. The cards are perfect for individual reflection and building self-awareness as well as for engaging group conversations, exploration, and change. Highly recommend!
At a recent gathering of like-minded thought leaders, a colleague introduced us to the View-Change Cards. These cards allowed each of us to quickly facilitate deeper reflection and authenticity during our dinner conversation. I can truly say that I discovered something about myself as well as learned more about each of my colleagues. Beautiful work and thank you for sharing your gift!
I initially bought these cards because I was drawn by the photography. I continue to use them because of the inspirational learning that comes with them (when you turn the cards over). The deck is a great way to easily conveniently create a team builder, change the course of a dull meeting or invite an authentic conversation. I am also impressed that a portion of the proceeds go to those in need! A great idea for a corporate or personal gift!
I find the cards a great way of starting the day - picking one at random and recognizing that the question that has emerged is the one I need to address right now
I have used this with teams, to promote more in-depth reflection and discussion. It can be used with groups, or one-on-one coaching sessions. The quality is very good, and the original photographs are beautiful. My clients love this, and I have given this product as a gift to many of them for their own personal use.