What's My Leadership Style?, by Mary Blitzer Field, is a management development and leadership style assessment that identifies leadership style and helps organizational leaders, managers, and supervisors improve performance and become effective leaders.
Part of the best-selling HRDQ Style Series, What's My Leadership Style is a validated assessment that quickly and accurately identifies a preference for one of four behavioral patterns based on measures of assertiveness and expressiveness: Direct, Spirited, Considerate, or Systematic.
With increased awareness of their personal style and a practical mental framework to build upon, aspiring leaders can assess and adjust their own actions, interpret the behavior of others, and improve their ability to win hearts and minds in any situation calling for effective leadership.
What's My Leadership Style? starts with a leadership style assessment in which individuals are given 20 pairs of actions relating to leadership behavior. With a limit of 5 points, assessment-takers distribute points between the two actions in each pair - indicating the degree to which they prefer either action when acting as a leader. The result of scoring the assessment is the identification of one's preferred leadership style: Direct, Spirited, Considerate, or Systematic. Completing the assessment requires approximately 10 minutes.
TIMING: After the assessment has been scored, we recommend you allow approximately 1 hour for interpretation of scores, topic discussion, debrief, and action planning. The Facilitator Guide also offers an easy-to-follow workshop outline that expands What's My Leadership Style into a 2-hour program.
- Facilitator guide
- Sample assessment materials
- Overview of What's My Leadership Style
- Administering What's My Leadership Style
- Experiential Learning Methodology
- Background Information
- Technical Development
- Optional Activities
- Sample Training Design
- Blank Training Outline
- Related Materials from HRDQ
- Certificate of Achievement Template
- Training Evaluation Template
- Overhead Transparency Masters
- Sample Self Assessment
- CD-ROM including Reproducible Handouts and PowerPoint Presentation
- Assessment with pressure-sensitive response form
- What is Leadership?
- What is Style?
- Leadership + Style = Leadership Style
- Interpretive Information
- Is There a Best Leadership Style?
- Characteristics of Each Style
- Applying What You've Learned
- Identify personal leadership style
- Learn how to capitalize on style strengths
- Discover how to minimize style trouble spots
- Learn how to "flex" personal style to interact most effectively with others