Toss it. Catch it. Share your reaction to whatever prompt lies under your thumb.
Get people of all ages learning, talking & sharing!
For conversation starters, icebreakers, energizers, teambuilding, lesson reinforcement and more! Use this customizable Thumball's blank panels to create your own shared experience of communication and learning. With a permanent marker (included), write on your own questions, prompts or graphics, and create an exercise that is "spot on" for your training needs.
Thumball is a soft 6" stuffed ball with loads of applications! The Create-Your-Own Thumball looks like a cool soccer ball and has 30 panels that are purposefully left blank so that you can customize it to your own content and audience needs. It's soft and safe for indoor use.
These Thumballs will become an indispensable training tool in your learning center!
Image above shows suggested use only. You'll get a ball with 30 BLANK panels!
- 1 Create-Your-Own Thumball with 30 blank panels
- 1 Black Permanent Fine-tip Marker
** TIPS **
How to customize your Thumball™
- Use a permanent, fine-tip marker so it's easy to write and doesn't smudge.
- Plan before your write! You have 30 panels to fill up (10 blue; 20 silver). The two preâ€printed panels on the top and bottom say “You Choose,” allowing players to respond to any panel on the ball.
- Practice your writing! Be sure your handwriting is big, bold and legible.
- Fill all the spaces! Write in vocabulary words, questions, key words, and more. If you still have empty spaces, consider one or more of these ideas:
- Repeat a prompt twice. Repetition can be good (if you put the same words on two panels – simply let players know that they need to build upon a previous answer).
- “Pass to the right” – player passes the ball to the person directly to the right.
- “Stump the Leader” – player chooses which panel the facilitator must answer.
- “Toss Again” – player tosses ball up and re-catches it.
- “Share 5” or “Group Share”– player gets topic from facilitator and 5 or more players must all offer answers.
- Depending on your group, roll, pass, toss, or kick Thumball™ among players.
- Circulate the ball clockwise, counterclockwise or random direction.
- Specify which thumb to look under for the prompt -- right thumb, left thumb or the finger of your choice.
- Ask players to respond to the prompt. Or, to kick it up a notch, invite them to ask another player to respond.
- Select time limits for responses and length of game.
- Add point values to each prompt/question and let players know that will earn and/or lose points for each response.
NOTE: This ball is part of our exclusive Silver Series Thumballs.
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great idea! You can customize the ball to list all the products you taught, then throw back into the audience and ask them to talk about the product their thumb landed on!
I used this product to go deeper in learning and building conscientious relationships within a group.
I was super excited when my customizable thumball came in. The first time we used it, it began to smudge and smear, which caught me off-guard. However, when I inquired with TW on this, they immediately sent me another ball, as this was an unexplainable fluke apparently. When the second one arrived I wrote on it and let it dry a couple of days longer than the last one, and have had no issues this time around. My new hires love it!
This Create-Your-Own thumball works well as a means of promoting trainee integration of classroom presentation and reinforcing material presented. Depending on how you customize the write-in items on the thumball, it promotes discussion of sometimes dry facts, laws and regulations and how they apply to the business process.
Should have more color option since the ball is blank.
I utilize this ball to review the material that we have gone over in the training/workshop session(s). I have received excellent feedback from participants in that it was a fun way to review and got everyone involved.