We are who we are today because of our history and our lifetime of experiences. Encourage your group to share details of their past -- school, friends, family, hobbies, challenges, and more!
Help your team get to know each other. The most compelling reason to break-the-ice is to create a stress-free environment, optimized for learning. These 6" soft and safe Thumballs are a great way to do it. Toss the ball to one player and ask them to share their reaction to whatever prompt lies under their thumb. Shaped by Our Past Thumball is ideal for work, school and home use. Older and "elder" players especially like sharing memories of their past that shaped who they are now.
Shaped by our Past Prompts
- A high school regret
- A memorable birthday
- A memorable school vacation
- A mistake or failure you learned from
- A non-family member who had an impact on your life
- A proud childhood moment
- A scary thing that happened to you
- A stressful experience you lived through
- A time you got in trouble at school
- A time you went to the hospital
- An important turning point in your life
- Describe your "group" in high school
- Extra-curricular activities you did
- How you spent your summers
- How you spent your time after school
- How your birth order affected you
- Something you hated as a child
- Something you've always wanted to do, but haven't
- The hardest choice you had to make
- What about your parents (grandparents) most influenced you?
- What you thought you'd be when you grew up
- Where you lived as a kid
- Your childhood nickname(s) and how you got it
- Your favorite subject in school
- Your greatest accomplishment so far
- Your happiest childhood memory
- Your happiest time of life
- Your most challenging time as a kid/young adult
- Your most unusual job
- Your reputation at home
- TOSS AGAIN
- Catcher's choice
** TIPS **
Appreciate that this Thumball may remind participants of both happy and challenging moments in their past. If one question feels difficult, invite them to:
- Take a pass
- Trade questions with another player
- Toss again
If you want to kick it up a notch, try these creative twists:
- Discuss how the prompt or the player's story may affect current experiences
- Have additional players respond to the same prompt before moving along
©Trainers Warehouse – Trainers Warehouse holds the copyright for this set of questions. Reproductions cannot be made without express approval.
This ball is part of Trainers Warehouse's exclusive Silver Series Thumballs.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We have used it in large and small groups. It works for either group! Exec loved it so much we are buying a bunch to share in a large group exercise with his team!!