We are who we are today because of our history and our lifetime of experiences. Encourage your group to share details of their past -- school, friends, family, hobbies, challenges, and more!
Help your team get to know each other. The most compelling reason to break-the-ice is to create a stress-free environment, optimized for learning. These 6" soft and safe Thumballs are a great way to do it. Toss the ball to one player and ask them to share their reaction to whatever prompt lies under their thumb. Shaped by Our Past Thumball is ideal for work, school and home use. Older and "elder" players especially like sharing memories of their past that shaped who they are now.
SHAPED BY OUR PAST THUMBALL PROMPTS
The "Shaped by Our Past" collection of prompts draw out the experiences in our life that helped shape who we are today. Among them you'll find:
- Childhood memories: birthdays, vacations, regrets
- Past experiences: scary moments, hospital visits, turning points, accomplishments
- Daily life when you were younger: extracurricular activities, friendships, summer traditions
- People & personalities: impact of birth order, mentors, grandparents
- Challenges & accomplishments: difficult choices, challenging times, goals
** TIPS & Facilitation Suggestions **
Appreciate that this Thumball may remind participants of both happy and challenging moments in their past. If one question feels difficult, invite them to:
- Take a pass
- Trade questions with another player
- Toss again
If you want to kick it up a notch, try these creative twists:
- Discuss how the prompt or the player's story may affect current experiences
- Have additional players respond to the same prompt before moving along
©Trainers Warehouse – Trainers Warehouse holds the copyright for this set of questions. Reproductions cannot be made without express approval.
This ball is part of Trainers Warehouse's exclusive Silver Series Thumballs.