The focus of the Onward and Upward Thumball is resilience – moving beyond current challenges, toward future opportunities. For anyone going through a change in their life -- immigrants, abuse survivors, veterans, students, children/spouses of divorce, job changers, employees experiencing an organizational change, even those recovering from personal loss, disasters, and medical issues – the challenge is often to move beyond the past experience toward an unknown future.
Have rich conversations about goals, encourage thinking constructively, talk about people in your life and positive emotions, change and transitions using Onward and Upward thumballs
Onward and Upward Thumball Prompts
- Who do you turn to, when the going gets tough?
- One way I could stay healthy is to…
- Person/people I'd like to connect with
- During what activities do you lose track of time?
- My most important relationships
- The “silver lining” of a challenging time
- You can depend on someone like me to …
- Where do you find spiritual strength?
- “Rules/norms” I'd like to do away with
- The hardest thing about trying something new
- A good thing I accomplished recently
- The “work” that's most meaningful to me
- When feeling blue, I prefer company/solitude because…
- Something I'd like to do, just for me
- An act of kindness you recently received
- If you found $5000, how would you use it?
- What activities relax and calm you?
- One thing I wish I could stop doing
- A setback in my life that taught a valuable lesson
- What makes a good day for you?
- A person I remember fondly
- I feel successful when I …
- I've learned to accept that…
- How I've changed over the years
- My greatest challenge right now
- My "go-to" indulgence
- A way you've “given back”
- Your favorite “quiet place”
- My top priorities for the day/week
- The best thing about my family
- What are you most proud of?
- TOSS AGAIN
[NOTE: Silver Series Conversation Prompts are available as Thumballs, UNZiP-IT! Pocket & Deck, and Virtual/Remote PPT.]
©Trainers Warehouse – Trainers Warehouse holds the copyright for this set of questions. Reproductions cannot be made without express approval.