Build relationships, friendships, and mutual respect!
Whether your group already knows each other well or is just meeting for the first time, the Getting Acquainted Thumball Set will have a perfect set of discussion prompts. The set of 6 Silver Series Thumballs offers almost 200 discussion topics to stimulate conversation. Choose a ball that will help stir up simple conversation or develop deeper, more meaningful relationships. The balls are super easy to use! Just toss it to another player and ask the recipient to look under their thumb and respond to the prompt. With this playful tool, you'll:
- Learn what makes your teammates unique with WHAT MAKES YOU YOU
- Find COMMON GROUND with others in your group
- Open your group up to more meaningful sharing with SESSION OPENERS?
- Learn where folks fall on a variety of continuums with WHICH ARE YOU AND WHY?
- Understand how others were SHAPED BY THEIR PAST
- GET TO KNOW friend, family or colleagues a little better
The Getting Acquainted Thumball Set is conveniently packaged in a large mesh bag, which allows you to carry them around comfortably and stay organized.
Each Silver Series Thumball™ (6" stuffed vinyl ball) looks like a cool soccer ball but is pre-printed with 32 questions/discussion prompts. They are suited for adults and teens alike! Following are more details about each of the popular Silver Series Thumballs in the Getting Acquainted set:
- Use the What Makes You YOU Thumballto help your team learn more about the people around them and dig a little deeper than typical, superficial icebreakers questions.
- The Common Ground Thumball prompts help players discover shared experiences and interests. As you try to generate conversation to build new friendships and relationships, a key challenge is finding “common ground.” This ball offers a fun way to uncover these commonalities.
- The Session Openers Thumball is a great way to set the groundwork for deeper conversations. It was developed to help groups scratch below the surface and explore motivations, goals, and what makes you tick.
- On the Which are You and Why? Thumball each prompt offers an “either/or” choice so that players can share where they'd put themselves on the spectrum –Lake or Ocean; Whisper or Yell; Words or Pictures; Lead or Follow; etc.—making this a fun and unusual icebreaker.
- The Shaped by Our Past Thumball brings to light each person's personal history. After all, we are who we are today because of our lifetime of experiences. Encourage your group to share details of their past -- school, friends, family, hobbies, challenges, and more!
- The Getting to Know You Thumball asks probing questions that get to your phobias, wishes, and favorite moments. For individuals who know each other pretty well already, it's an excellent way to dig a little deeper and learn something more!
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
We haven't used these yet but expect that the group will enjoy learning about their colleagues and themselves.
Great icebreaker for NEOs or really anything. My students seem to have really enjoyed the activity. The only downside to this product is that some of the balls have religion/politic spots.
Whether it's an ice-breaker for new employees or internal meeting starter, these thumballs are so much fun!