Look under your thumb, share, and get happy at work!
The Get Happy at Work Thumball discussion prompts help create a more positive workplace by allowing colleagues to share goals, discuss challenges, and build relationships. Focusing on Positive Emotion, Engagement, Meaning, Accomplishments, and Relationships, the prompts help surface sources of happiness as they draw out individuals' personal qualities, work challenges, professional goals, and organizational dynamics. By putting a positive spin on important discussion topics, the Get Happy at Work Thumball helps promote optimism, identify areas for organizational improvement and build a happier workplace.
Share your reaction to whatever prompt lies under your thumb. Thumball is a soft 6" stuffed ball with loads of applications!
You could also purchase our UNZIP-it! with Get Happy at Work Card Deck (Product Code #: BLZPAJ). These cards contain the same awesome prompts as our Thumball!
Get Happy at Work Thumball discussion prompts:
- To do my best work, I need...
- My biggest work challenge right now and how I'm addressing it
- A good thing I accomplished last week
- A recent experience that led to my greatest learning
- The work that's most meaningful to me
- What are your personal and professional goals?
- A new challenge I hope to take on at work?
- My top priorities for the day/week
- How have you progressed toward a current goal?
- What risk would you take if you knew you couldn't fail?
- What permission do you need/want to move forward?
- Something you're thankful for at work
- The best thing about our organization is...
- I'd like coming to work more if...
- Our meetings would be more productive if...
- How do we encourage/discourage risk-taking?
- Something new I'd like to learn
- An area where I'd like more autonomy
- A skill I hope to master
- What are your most important relationships?
- Who deserves an office MVP award? For what?
- Someone I'm thankful for at work
- Compliment a colleague
- An act of kindness you recently received
- Someone you respect/look up to at work
- What makes my heart sing?
- I lose track of time when I'm...
- I feel successful when I...
- What are the top three things you cherish in your life?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Something I'd like to boast about
- TOSS AGAIN
** TIPS **
- Explain your goal.To maximize participation, explain that your goal is to promote shared understanding and build a happier, more supportive environment.
- Don't rush it.Appreciate that some may not be able to give quick or pat answers to a prompt; others might want to take some time to discuss their thoughts. Don't feel rushed to get to the next question. Rather, give people the time needed to discuss what's on their mind.
- Take notes.Thumballs have a great way of teasing out important information. Keep a notepad handy in case you hit an issue you'd like to revisit later.
- Give each player a “pass.”If a player finds a prompt particularly difficult, invite them to take a PASS, ASK A FRIEND, or request a DISCUSSION.
NOTE: This ball is part of Trainers Warehouse's exclusive Silver Series Thumballs. (C) Trainers Warehouse.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Icebreaker's, reducing stress & memory.
The thumballs have bee4n a great addition to generate discussions and get employees to open up. The topics on them are right in line with what we need and are fun!
Set in larger circle and pitch to each other
I used the Ice Breaker Ball for my recent patient experience nurse training. At first, everyone was skeptical about participating and catching the ball, but by the end of the Ice Breaker, everyone was smiling and laughing! I had many people come up to me at break and ask me where I purchased it.