The Leadership Metaphor Explorer Kit is a dynamic, interactive tool designed to stimulate creative, insightful conversations in and among groups about leadership.
The set, which includes a deck of 83 postcard-size cards illustrated with a rich variety of drawings and captions and a comprehensive facilitator's guide, is designed to help people understand how leadership plays out in their organizations, communities, and across boundaries.
This hands-on game uses metaphorical images and captions to open a dialogue about the three stages of dependent, independent, and interdependent leadership cultures. Individuals choose images that resonate with them and then participate in a group discussion about leadership in organizations.
A typical 30-90 minute session follows a five-step process:
- Prepare. Define the session's purpose and choose participants.
- Frame. Use specific questions to set up the conversation that the session is meant to provoke.
- Browse. Each participant chooses one or more cards in response to the specific framing questions put to the group.
- Reflect and Converse. The participants discuss their cards - why they chose them, differences and similarities, and so on.
- Extend. Carry the session results and conversion to other groups across the organization.
Card deck: 83 cards, 4 in. x 6 in.
Facilitator's guide: 70 pages, paperback
View video below