Transform groups into well-functioning teams with a Pipeline Challenge!
For this energizing experience, give each participant one short length of half pipe and challenge the group to deliver a ball down the pipes from the starting point to the finish line. Success requires communication, creativity and teamwork.
It works well to:
- Energize a group
- Build communication skills
- Practice group problem solving
- Practice goal setting
Pipeline Challenge is effective with kids, teenagers and adults, and can be played indoors or out. Choose this activity when you need to energize the group into a team, or to emphasize the importance of each member's actions in a team.
Debriefing Suggestions: Ideas
- How well did the group cope with this challenge?
- What, if any, goals did your group set? How? Did you succeed?
- What skills did it take to be successful as a group?
- What creative solutions were suggested and how were they received
- How can you compare this challenge to other situations (e.g., at school, home or work)?
Group Size: 8 to 12 ideal, but can be done with 6 to 14
Time: ~15-60 mins
Includes: 12 half-pipes, three balls (marble, ball bearing, golf ball), handy nylon storage bag, and facilitation notes on how to play and process the exercise.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
it was very simple and easy to use. it challenge and charge the trainer as you can level the difficulty.
Pipeline automatically encourages participation.