For over a dozen years, the Square Wheels® metaphor has proven itself to boost creativity and innovation, increase organizational effectiveness, improve communications, build teams, and generate a sense of active problem solving and involvement.
The expert facilitation techniques utilized in this exercise (listening, discussion, reframing, summarizing and prioritizing) can be easily transferred to other developmental and coaching opportunities.
Cartoons and images are simple, powerful and effective ways to create lasting impact. They are memorable, encourage creative thinking, and produce rapid individual involvement and understanding. As a metaphor, Square Wheels® has a myriad of applications:
- As an icebreaker, this illustration relates to a range of business and workplace issues, at all levels of an organization. Use it as a vehicle to get a discussion moving, kickoff a training program, energize a staff meeting, or hone in on issues and opportunities.
- As a design thinking, performance improvement tool, Square Wheels can be used to understand issues, define problems, brainstorm and ideate new solutions. The Square Wheels image is a powerful tool that draws out people's thinking on current situations and ideas for moving forward.
- As a team review, to discuss approaches that are working and others that could use improvement
The 40-slide PowerPoint deck includes:
- 20 slides to facilitate your conversation, focusing on Square Wheels, Round Wheels, Pushers and Pullers
- 20 quotations to emphasize topics of leadership, change, brainstorming, teamwork, and communication
PRESENTATION FORMAT: The file is saved as a compressed “zip” file, and you will need a program such as WinZip to extrac the 3 files:
- Square Wheels Reality Presenttion - Microsoft PowerPoint
- Square Wheels REality Facilitation Notes - Microsoft Word
- Reflections Worksheet - Adobe PDF
This is a downloadable product. After you've placed your order, you will be able to log into your account and download the file.
Square Wheels®- is a registered trademark of Performance Management Company. © Trainers Warehouse. The facilitation guide was developed by Trainers Warehouse, with PMC's permission.