UNZiP-it!™ AND TALK ABOUT TOPICS THAT MATTER!
It's time to open up the conversation and talk about the unspeakable! Pop a bunch of pertinent questions into the UNZiP-it!™ zipper mouth and pass the pouch from player to player. Unzip the playful pocket and pull out a discussion topic to spark conversation and build relationships. Invite recipients to pull out a topic, read it to the group and respond.
Choose the UNZiP-it!™ option and stuff the pocket with the following deck of 30 pre-printed cards. Each deck contains the same prompts as its namesake Thumball (you can customize any blank cards with your own discussion prompts)
Pocket: 8” x 6”
Cards: 3.5” x 2.5”
TEAM DYNAMICS PROMPTS
The Team Dynamics deck will stimulate conversation, promote team spirit, and boost flagging energy. (Click on the card images above to see the prompts).Through a series of conversation prompts, explore how your group is working as a team. For example, discuss...
- Benefits and drawbacks of teaming
- Ways to make others feel heard, show respect, and draw in multiple perspectives
- Systems to improve productivity and minimize duplication of efforts
- Approaches to identify goals, work to completion and celebrate success
- Management of disagreements, problems, and mistakes
- Methods to develop consensus, show support, and motivate each other.
THE INSCRIPTION ON THE BACK SETS THE STAGE FOR SHARING
Feeling shy about speaking out?
Or, not sure what to talk about?
It's easy now to start the flow,
And have discussions bloom and grow.
Unzip the pouch and pick a topic,
Big and broad, or microscopic,
A prompt that doesn't dig too deep,
Or one that makes you take a leap.
Go ahead, reach in and pick it,
Read the prompt and then UNZIP-it!
** TIPS AND FACILITATION SUGGESTIONS **
Take turns circulating the UNZIP-it!™ Ask players to answer the prompt they've pulled out of the pouch
If you want to kick it up a notch, try these creative twists:
- Ask players to anticipate what answer will be given by another player.
- Have players recall answers given by previous responders, before adding their own answer.
- Ask first recipient to select a question panel to which all players must respond or contribute.
- Ask listeners what they think the prompt was.
©Trainers Warehouse – Trainers Warehouse holds the copyright for this set of questions. Reproductions cannot be made without express approval.