UNZIP-it!™ AND START TALKING ABOUT TOPIC THAT MATTERS!
It's time to open up the conversation and talk about the unspeakable! Pop a bunch of pertinent questions into the UNZIP-it!™ zipper mouth and pass the pouch from player to player. Unzip the playful pocket and pull out a discussion topic to spark conversation and build relationships. Invite recipients to pull out a topic, read it to the group and respond.
Stuff the pocket with the deck of 30 cards. Each deck contains the same prompts as its namesake Thumball (you can customize any blank cards with your own discussion prompts)
UNZIP-it!™ WITH GETTING TO YOU KNOW PROMPTS
Learn more about yourself and others with the Getting to Know You deck open-ended team building activity. It's the perfect conversation starter for icebreakers, energizers, team building, and more. (Click on the pink card images above to see the prompts)
GETTING TO KNOW YOU DISCUSSION PROMPTS
The prompts on the Getting to Know You Deck are intended to be thoughtful, yet easy-to-answer. They'll help spark conversation and allow players to learn more about one another. Prompts focus around topics such as:
- Experiences: memorable moments in your life
- People: Family and friends who have impact your life
- Most favorite and least favorite: Gifts, ages, sounds, chores
- Activities: pastimes, hobbies, bucket list items, travel
- Hopes, Fears and Wishes: the details that make you unique
The inscription on the back says it all:
Feeling shy about speaking out?
Or, not sure what to talk about?
It's easy now to start the flow,
And have discussions bloom and grow.
Unzip the pouch and pick a topic,
Big and broad, or microscopic,
A prompt that doesn't dig too deep,
Or one that makes you take a leap.
Go ahead, reach in and pick it,
Read the prompt and then UNZIP-it!
Pocket: 8” x 6”
Cards: 3.5” x 2.5”
** TIPS & FACILITATION SUGGESTIONS **
Take turns circulating the UNZIP-it!™ Ask players to answer the prompt they've pulled out of the pouch
If you want to kick it up a notch, try these creative twists:
- Ask players to anticipate what answer will be given by another player.
- Have players recall answers given by previous responders, before adding their own answer.
- Ask first recipient to select a question panel to which all players must respond or contribute.
- Ask listeners what they think the prompt was.
©Trainers Warehouse – Trainers Warehouse holds the copyright for this set of questions. Reproductions cannot be made without express approval.