The great news is that we can all develop our emotional intelligence and the higher your own EQ, the more you encourage and elicit emotionally intelligent responses and behavior in those around you -- a real win-win situation.
Used in many organizations already, the Developing Emotional Intelligence Coaching Cards are a powerful tool to encourage reflection and discussion of both our understanding of self and impact on others.
Use to develop your own emotional intelligence, or with your team, or as a training aid on workshops and courses to support leaders and manager development.
- 48 cards arranged in 4 colored suits to correspond to the Emotional Intelligence model.
- 4 summary cards unique to this product range.
- 3 set-up and suggested uses cards to get you started.
- A unique emotional intelligence matrix direction picture card to illustrate the EQ journey.
- Pocket-sized deck in a protective case to go everywhere with you
WHAT'S EQ? Some people just get along with others naturally, respond carefully even in the face of challenge, and truly connect with people. They are proactive, balanced, operate with integrity, and have great insight into themselves and others. All these come from a set of skills called emotional intelligence, or EQ.
WHY EQ? Emotional intelligence has twice the power of IQ alone to predict performance and is also a better predictor than merely employee skill, knowledge or job-related expertise.
Dan Goleman, in his book Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ, highlighted the importance of developing your emotional intelligence in order to be a more effective leader and communicator.
- Better decisions - Higher EQ leaders are more likely to make better decisions, engage and influence more effectively, and create the right culture for the job. They also produce more powerful business results.
- More profitable - One study tested 186 executives on EQ and compared their scores with their company's profitability; leaders who scored higher in key aspects of emotional intelligence (including empathy and accurate self-awareness) were more likely to be highly profitable.
So you choose whether you use the cards to prompt your own reflection after a meeting or event, work in pairs to coach someone else, or pick an aspect of EQ to consciously develop -- the cards each have a question, a brief explanation of why the question is asked and a handy tip.
Used in many org