Whether you're teaching time management, managing your own time, or motivating learners to try something new, this message says it all! Completing hard jobs first thing in the morning empowers you to tackle the rest of your day with efficiency and cheer.
AS THE SAYING GOES, "EAT THE FROG!"
"If the worst thing you have to do all day is eat a frog, then the best thing you can do is eat it first thing in the morning."
~ Mark Twain
PLAN YOUR TIME ACCORDING TO THE MODEL
You'll notice the 4 quadrants encourage you to divide task according to:
- Importance -- MORE IMPORTANT / LESS IMPORTANT
- Time Sensitivity -- URGENT / NOT URGENT
Looking for a worthwhile time management activity? Have your group optimize their to-do list according to each task's urgency and time-sensitivity:
- Tackle the MORE IMPORTANT/URGENT tasks first.
- Consider delegating tasks that are LESS IMPORTANT, but still URGENT.
- Create a schedule for tasks that are MORE IMPORTANT, but LESS URGENT.
- Reconsider whether tasks that are LESS IMPORTANT and LESS URGENT should remain on your list.
NOTE: To download the To-Do Matrix PDF, you will need enter your name and email address into the pop-up box. If you've already closed it, you can re-open this page in an "incognito window" in your web browser.