Explore ethical guidelines and discuss right-from-wrong decisions.
Workplace Ethics Thumball focuses on how you distinguish right from wrong. Is your idea of ethical obligations and responsibilities the same as your colleagues, friends and family? The Ethics Thumball raises questions and fosters discussion about individual and organizational norms and ideals, regarding making and breaking rules, fostering ethical leadership, whistle blowing, bending the truth, and more.
Look under your thumb and share your reaction to whatever prompt lies beneath it. Thumball™ is a soft 6" stuffed ball with loads of applications!!
Have rich conversations about the types of people you look to as a moral compass; how you'd handle different situations; what integrity, rules, ethics, and fairness mean to you; and how your organization or team handles ethical issues.
WORKPLACE ETHICS THUMBALL PROMPTS
The Workplace Ethics Thumball prompts will foster discussion around these important topics:
- Role models for ethical leadership
- Meaning of integrity, ethics, "rules," and "doing the right thing"
- Dealing with lies or behaviors you disagree with
- The impact of broken promises, disagreement, and transparency
- Costs of speaking up or blowing the whistle
** TIPS **
Your goal is to make conversations about ethics interesting and productive, without judgement or finger pointing. To explore these touchy questions most effectively, remind your group that there are no right answers. Be transparent about these goals and explain your interest in opening discussion and having rich conversations -- about morals, handling sticky situations, evaluating fairness, and exploring the organizational practices that enable or inhibit ethical behavior.
Take turns circulating the ball by passing, rolling, tossing and catching. Ask recipients to respond to the prompt under their right thumb. Because each prompt can lead to an interest dialogue, you may choose any one of these facilitation techniques:
- Have each recipient answer the question with the first thought that comes to their mind.
- After one recipient responds, invite others to share their replies to the same prompt.
- Toss the ball to select one on discussion prompt to focus on for your entire meeting.
- Ask players to anticipate what answer will be given by another player.
More for Workplace Ethics:
These same thoughtful prompts are available in the UNZIP-it! with Workplace Ethics Card Deck and come in a playful zippered pocket (Product Code #: BLZPAQ).
©Trainers Warehouse – Trainers Warehouse holds the copyright for this set of questions. Reproductions cannot be made without express approval.
- All about Silver Series Thumballs
- Tips & Suggestion on Facilitating Thumball Experiences
- How Deep to Discuss
- 7 Tips to formulate great questions
- More tools for great conversations
- Discover Your Thumball Style
- How Deep to Discuss Infographic
- Ground Rules Signs
- Tips for facilitating difficult situations